How is fear of crime affecting America
Essay Content and Organization:
• Does the essay begin with a title and an effective hook?
• Does the introduction include a clear, pronged thesis statement?
• Is the thesis statement appropriate for the topic, and does it make a specific claim or
• Is the essay unified by effective transitions between paragraphs?
• Does the essay end with an effective conclusion?
• Are ideas explained clearly and reasonably? Does the essay employ ethos/logos/pathos
and avoid logical fallacies?
• Does the essay meet minimum length requirement? (350-500 words)
• Does each body paragraph have a topic sentence that contributes to the thesis?
• Is each paragraph coherent and well organized?
• Is each paragraph sufficiently developed with concrete details and comments?
• Does each paragraph end with a concluding sentence?