1. Select one topic that might be important as a training topic in Mercedes-Benz USA. What might be the training method used (online, in-house classroom, an away seminar, on-the-job-training, or other method).
Provide a summary description so that your reader has a good idea of the training topic and delivery method you refer to.
2. Discuss the strengths and drawbacks in using this method to train this topic to a group of 18 employees.
3. Describe in detail the way you would evaluate the effectiveness of this training offered. Why have you chosen this evaluation process?
Looking into the future is a conundrum: it is both necessary and impossible to do with complete accuracy. From knowing what the weather will be like tomorrow to trying to decide what the stock market will do,
forecasting is an activity that consumes a considerable amount of our attention because it impacts our lives so directly.
How important is forecasting to planning and decision making for a business?
Analyze the various techniques of forecasting and explain which would be appropriate or inappropriate to (a) a manufacturing enterprise, and (b) a service provider. Conclude your Discussion by identifying a model of demand management that would be well-suited to the retail food industry.
General Motors is planning a new ad campaign targeted at aging Boomers who seek roominess, comfort and elegance.
Based on past experience, Task #1 usually takes days 52. If things do not go as planned, the task will take 74 days. If things go very well, Task #1 can be completed in 40 days.
Task #2 usually takes 87 days. Task #2 will be completed in 73 days if everything goes well. If there is a glitch, it will take 104 days. Normally, Task #2 cannot start until task #1 has been completed.
Task #3 normally takes 75 days under all conditions/scenarios. Task #3 cannot be started until task #2 has been completed.
Task #4 cannot start until Task #3 has been completed. Task #4 normally takes 72 days. For Task #4, the best and worst case scenarios are 64 days and 98 days, respectively.
Under normal circumstances, it takes 68 days to complete Task #5. The best and worst case scenarios are 53 and 71 days, respectively.
Task #6 normally takes 118 days. Under ideal conditions, it can be completed in 97 days. The pessimistic time estimate is 127 days. Task #6 cannot start until Task #4 is completed.
– What is the expected number of days to complete this project.
– What is the variance for the project?
– What is the probability that the project will take more than 390 days to complete?