How would you define each of the five business organizations? What types of companies do you think would be best suited for each type of organization?
Why are internal policy changes so difficult for many police agencies to accomplish? There are a variety of support units within police departments. Select five of these units and discuss their functions and the feasibility of using civilian employees in those units, rather than police officers. What are the advantages of utilizing civilians in positions officers are not required?
You are new member of internal affairs and are still getting to know everybody. You have been asked by your lieutenant to write a report using his notes on a case.
Although there is a great deal of paperwork marked Confidential, he told you to only write the report based on what was in the blue folder. As you are writing the report, you opened the other folders in the packet and noticed that some information was left out information that could implicate another officer in the field. The officer in the field is your lieutenant s brother, who is a major in the city s police department. You start to think that there may be a cover up going on.
Using the library, Internet, or other media sources, find various articles pertaining to police corruption and misconduct to write a paper of 2 to 4 pages that discusses the following:
Should you do exactly what was asked of you, or should you approach the lieutenant s supervisor?
What are the implications of writing the report as asked?
What are the implications of approaching your lieutenant s supervisor?
What are the implications of the actions or nonactions in this situation that can impact your job status, other parties involved, and the community?
Incorporate theoretical concepts to associate this scenario with morality, ethics, and specific behaviors that influence the consequences (good or bad) associated with moral and immoral behaviors.
3 to 5 pages
Similarity score must be below 24%
At least 6 reliable references and in text citations are a must.
Generally, the public views defense attorneys as too zealous in their advocacy of obviously guilty clients, whereas many scholars portray an image of defense attorneys, particularly public defenders, as too willing to plead their clients guilty. What do you think? What evidence would you cite for either position?
Explain how the First Amendment protected commercial speech. What other laws and independent efforts by advertisers have been implemented to control advertising that is deceptive? Do advertisers have a right under the law to create demand even if they are selling things that maybe unhealthy or damaging to society? Discuss the balance you will face as a manger balancing the needs of your workforce and shareholders versus society as a whole? Need 300 words
1. With what offence were the defendants convicted? Was this a statutory
offence or a common law offence?
2. What consequence(s) flowed from this categorisation?
3. List the grounds of appeal.
4. Taking each ground of appeal in turn, summarise the arguments put forward
by counsel for the Crown as well as counsel for the defendants.
5. What reasons were given by Lord Lane CJ for either accepting or rejecting
6. Lord Lane referred to the ordinary canons of construction (at para a, p.444).
What does this mean? And which particular canon of construction was he
7. What constitutes the public ? Would it make a difference if no member of the
public actually complained of being outraged ? 12. Do the police and the press constitute the public ?
8. A number of tabloid newspapers carried photographs of the exhibit on their
front pages in which the earrings could be clearly seen.
newspapers have been charged with the offence?
9 . When an exhibition was staged of the work of Whistler, an artist, at the National Gallery in the 19th century, the art critic, John Ruskin, wrote an article describing Whistler s work as throwing a pot of paint in the face of the public . Today, Whistler is regarded as a major artist and his work is to be found in all major art collections. Perhaps the same view might be taken of
Gibson s view in 100 year s time? In this context, consider Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, below. Could it be argued that this decision is a breach of Article 10? Does this decision amount to artistic censorship?
European Convention on Human Rights 1950, Article 10
1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.
This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.
2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.
Explain the concept of social relativity and how we may interpreted it from the following points of views as described in your text: offender, justice system, victim, society. In other words, what role does the aformentioned play in the criminal event?
One of the biggest societal changes in recent years has been the rapid expansion of computer technology. How have legislatures responded to crimes involving the use of computers? How has the Internet changed the debate over pornography?
Recognizing Contract Risk and Opportunities.
1. Prepare a 1,050 to 1,400 word analysis in which you assess federal and state anti drug legislation. Compare and contrast the similarities and differences among various states,
as well as federal policy. Be sure to examine the proposition of legalization of certain drugs and the potential impact this legislation change could have at the different levels of the war on drugs. How would this affect asset forfeiture?
2. Format your brief according to APA standards.