Assignment 2: Leader Profile
Many argue that the single largest variable in organizational success is leadership. Effective leadership can transform an organization and create a positive environment for all stakeholders. In this assignment, you will have the chance to evaluate a leader and identify what makes him/her effective.
Consider all the leaders who have affected your life in some way. Think of people with whom you work—community leaders, a family member, or anyone who has had a direct impact on you.
- Choose one leader you consider to be effective. This can be a leader you are personally aware of, or someone you don’t know, but have observed to be an effective leader. Write a paper addressing the following:
- Explain how this leader has influenced you and why you think he or she is effective.
- Analyze what characteristics or qualities this person possesses that affected you most.
- Rate this leader by using a leadership scorecard. This can be a developed scorecard, or one you develop yourself. If you use a developed scorecard, please be sure to cite the sources of the scorecard. Once you have identified your scorecard, rate your leader. You decide what scores to include (for example, scale of 1–5, 5 being the highest) but be sure to assess the leader holistically across the critical leadership competencies you feel are most important (for example, visioning, empowering, strategy development and communication).
- Critique this individual’s skills against what you have learned about leadership so far in this course. Consider the following:
- How well does he/she meet the practices covered in your required readings?
- How well has he/she adapted to the challenges facing leaders today?
- If you could recommend changes to his/her leadership approach, philosophy, and style, what would you suggest? Why?
- Using the assigned readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet including general organizational sources like the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, or Harvard Business Review, build a leadership profile of the leader you selected. Include information from personal experiences as well as general postings on the selected leader from Internet sources such as blogs. Be sure to include 2–3 additional resources not already included in the required readings in support of your leadership profile.
Write a 3–5-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, March 26, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M2: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
Assignment 2: Working Ahead: Required Assignment—Workforce 2020 Executive Report
This assignment will help you prepare for the next module’s assignment about Workforce 2020. Workforce 2020 refers to the type of workforce leaders are likely to encounter in 2020. The concept refers to the workforce that will emerge from trends such as increased globalization and diversity, more extensive use of technology, and the use of non-traditional staff such as more contractors and other “just-in-time” assets.
For this assignment, you will need to consider trends in leadership and organizational structure, for example, the move toward a more participative leadership style and a more networked organizational structure.
Identify an organization of your choice. This could be your current employer. It could even be a hypothetical organization or that of one of your peers. Be sure you have access to information about the organization and about the industry the organization is in. We would suggest choosing an organization and industry that are changing so that you can explore strategies for change management.
Research on that organization, and then respond to the following:
- Describe the organization you have chosen. Please include the name and a short description of the organization’s products or services.
- How does the organization motivate its employees? Describe any programs or methods they use to motivate workers. If the organization does not have any employee motivational strategies, suggest some strategies that you think will be effective.
- Describe the current state of the organization’s workforce dynamic. Is its workforce growing? Is it changing? How is it changing and why?
- What are some of the workforce trends that this organization needs to address? What similar organizations can be used as a benchmark?
- What are some of the industry trends that are affecting the organization overall? Is the industry growing, or declining?
Write your initial response in 3–5 pages in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, April 8, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox
Outline of the Final Lab Report
Carefully review the Grading Rubric that will be used to evaluate your assignment before you begin.
You are required to develop an outline for your Final Lab Report, which covers all three experiments for “Lab 2: Water Quality and Contamination.” To begin, carefully review the instructions for your Final Lab Report assignment located within Week Five. Next, download the Outline of the Final Lab Report Template and utilize this form to ensure proper formatting and inclusion of all required material. Note that the outline should be written in paragraph form and should not simply be a list of bullet points. Using the template will ensure proper formatting. You must use at least four scholarly sources and your lab manual to support your points. The outline must be three to five pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
The Outline of the Final Lab Report must contain the following seven sections in this order:
- Title Page – This page must include the title of your report, your name, course name, instructor, and date submitted.
- Introduction – This section should outline why the experiment was conducted. At a minimum, it should contain three paragraphs. One paragraph must cover background information of similar studies that have already been done in the area. This is accomplished by citing existing literature from similar experiments and explaining their results. A second paragraph should provide an objective or a reason why the experiment is being done. Why do we want to know the answer to the question we are asking? A third paragraph should provide a hypothesis for each of the three experiments conducted.
- Materials and Methods – This section should provide a detailed description of the materials used in your experiment and how they were used. A step-by-step rundown of your experiment is necessary; however, it should be done in paragraph form, not in a list format. The description should be exact enough to allow for someone reading the report to replicate the experiment, but it should be in your own words and not simply copied and pasted from the lab manual.
- Results – This section should include the data and observations from the experiment. All tables and graphs should be present in this section. Additionally, there should be at least one paragraph explaining the data in paragraph form. There should be no personal opinions or discussion beyond the results of your experiments located within this section.
- Discussion – This section should interpret or explain the meaning of your data and provide conclusions. At least three paragraphs should be outlined here. First, a paragraph should be present that addresses whether the hypotheses were confirmed or denied and how you know this. Second, you are to discuss the meaning of your findings in this area utilizing scholarly sources to put the paper into context. For example, how do your results compare with the findings of similar studies? Also, you should discuss any future questions arising from your results and how you might test them. Finally, you should discuss if there are any outside factors (i.e., temperature, contaminants, time of day) that affected your results. If so, how could you control for these in the future?
- Conclusions – This section should provide a brief summary of your work.
- References – Provide a list of at least four scholarly sources and your lab manual that will be used in the Final Lab Report. Format your references according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Jerry Lee was a professional singer. He entered into a contract to sing at a concern sponsored by ABC Co. He also entered into a contract to sell his house to Mary. Before either contract could be performed, Jerry dies. Both ABC and Mary sue for breach. What results?
There are certainly pros and cons of going global.
For example, with a physical product, the pros might include selling in more volume and the cons may include having to manage the process and logistics. It might also be costly to set up geographic distribution and global marketing at these destinations. Of course, all of this will depend on the global market chosen to do business in and the pro and cons may be different by product and service.
With this in mind, create a 2-3 full page paper on the following:
- Identify and describe the market in Paris, France
- Analyze pros and cons of entering this market
Only use web-accessible links as your sources – Do not use anything in print or audio! Plagarism of any sort will not be accepted.
I have included a Word document with a few tidbits and links for information on Globalization for you to use as needed.
Please let me know ASAP if you have trouble with this assignment.
What are your thoughts and opinions on the eugenics movement? 60 – 70 words
Intergenerational Transmission Theory is frequently used to explain family violence. Abusive behavior is handed down from generation to generation as an appropriate way to deal with conflict. It does not suggest that battering tendencies are inherited, rather, they are experienced. Do you agree with this theory? Support your belief. 70 – 80 words
MIS 565 Healthcare Security, Privacy, & Compliance – Topic Paper #3
Select from one of the three topics provided and write a topic paper based on the criteria provided below. Students may select a topic of their own choosing, but the topic must pre-approved by the course instructor. There are a total of three (3) topic papers due during this course and comprises 30% of your overall grade. Each topic paper should be 6-8 pages in length.
The topic paper should be 6-8 pages in length (double-spaced); not including the title page, abstract/summary/conclusion page, appendices, and works cited page(s).
Each topic paper should be researched with no fewer than five (5) references from at least five (5) differences sources. Use the APA style for references (see Writing the Research Paper: A Handbook (2003) by Winkler and McCuen).
Topic Paper #3 is due at the end of week #6.
Grading for Topic Papers: The grading for each paper will consist of 80% for content and 20% for readability/grammar/spelling. The points for each specific section of the topic paper are identified in the Topic Paper Requirements section above.
Below is a list of possible topics for Topic Paper #3:
- Security & Privacy Audits
Case Analyses: select TWO court cases (from different chapters) from the list below, and respond in writing to the case questions. The written analysis of both cases should be approximately 2-3 pages total; use parenthetical citations and a corresponding works cited list when referencing specific information from the text or other sources, and follow other prescribed guidelines for APA format.
Write an essay about the GPS (history , future , differences , satellite , function)
The essay should be 4pages Double spaced
1. We examined two important topics in finance this week: (a) present and future values and (b) security valuation.
Critically reflect on the importance of present and future values. What factors must be considered when calculating present and future values? What other qualitative factors play into present and future value decisions? Perhaps you have opportunities in your professional life to use present and future values. What are some real or potential applications of these concepts?
We also looked at expected returns. Why do bond values go down when interest rates go up? Is this true in the opposite direction?
2. You have been asked by a manager in your organization to put together a training program explaining Net Present Value (NPV) and Future Value (FV) and how they are used to evaluate the price of stock. You have been given the following objectives:
Upon completing your Net Present Value (NPV) and Future Value (FV) Training Program, employees should be able to do the following:
- Explain NPV and FV.
- Describe the factors that are used in the NPV and the FV formulas.
- Give an example of how to use the formulas for NPV and FV for a stock purchase.
- Summarize the differences between the two formulas and the purpose of using each.
Develop a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint Presentation (excluding title slide and reference slide) that cover each of the above topics. In the slide notes, include your explanations for each topic above. You must use a minimum of two scholarly sources. Format the presentation and cite your resources according to the APA 6th edition style guide