3- 5 pgs inluding cover page and reference pg
It is estimated that hiring organizations only spend 90 seconds scanning a resume before determining whether it’s worth looking at further. As such the successful job applicant must make sure their resumes are designed to fit the job for which they are applying. “One size fits all” is no longer applicable to resumes. Bland and general also no longer apply as the information in resumes must be written using action verbs, and identify accomplishments and achievements rather than simply describe previously held positions and responsibilities.
There are three basic types of resumes:
- Chronological, and
- Mixed (hybrid)
Oftentimes, CVs (curriculum vitaes) may be required.
Using the Library and internet, conduct research on each type of resume and a CV. For this assignment explain:
- The purpose for each type of resume, how they differ, and when you personally would use each type or resume or CV (prepare a separate paragraph describing each and how you would use each).
- Identify the primary type of resume and/or CV you expect to use in your job search and career progression.
- Explain how often a resume and/or CV should be updated (support your answer).
- Choose a or b:
- If you have a resume and/or CV, are you comfortable with the format and the information contained within it? If not, when do you think you should start revising and preparing your resume and/or CV?
- If you don’t currently have a resume and/or CV, explain why. Then identify at what point you should start drafting and preparing a resume and/or CV for your eventual job search.
Make sure you explain all answers in detail and avoid generalities.
You are encouraged to use the Career Resources available in the virtual campus for resume creation and revision.
Optimal Resume is one resource available to you that offers resume-building services and many other job search resources.
Does it ever feel like the world is shrinking? The worldwide acceptance and use of the internet has contributed to the speed in which globalization has occurred. This has made it much easier and opened opportunities for the qualified professional to add to their career portfolio by working internationally.
For this project you will need to research using the internet or other independent study to:
- Identify and name a managerial position that is open in a country other than your own (do not pick national contractors looking to send you overseas as you would still be working for a local company). Make sure you name the position title, the company/organization name, and the country in which the position is located (if in the country where you live now you are not approaching the project correctly).
- Explain the difference(s) in how you would apply for or seek employment for the job you identified compared to how you would apply in your current country of residence (do not state “there is no difference” otherwise you haven’t done enough research).
- Explain how you personally would approach applying for that position.